Pretty much the greatest match made in roommate heaven occurred this past January: Em moved in to the Gladstone Courts. She showed up one night in the rain with a case of Top Ramen, and the rest is history. But there's some background there, too, that should not be forgotten: we met many years ago-slingin' coffee and getting treated like dirt together at SBC was a pretty darn good time. I had no idea back then that not only would we still be friends in oh-nine, but roommates, too. A brief list of things about Emilie that are amazing:
- Spot-on cat-choosing skills
- Impressive understanding of old-timey insult phrases
- CatchPhrase, Scattergories, Ten Thousand, Pictionary
- Science GENIUS. Splice my DNA anytime, babe.
- More love and support to her friends and family than most people are capable of
- Extensive knowledge of Top 40 hits, specializing in late 80s-late 90s, but not forgetting the Motown, either
- Discernible palate for breakfast foods, esp. eggs benedict and corned beef hash
- She is gorgeous. Obvs.
- Even though I beg her not to, she always puts others first. Always. One more time: always.
Here's to another year of awesome. One of these days, we'll get out of our slum of an apartment, but in the meantime... ROOMIES. Think about it.